1. Find a quiet place and sit for a few minutes to calm your beating heart.
2. Think about the last place you enjoyed visiting or a conversation with a friend that brought you joy.
3. Pray for yourself to be at peace. Create a mantra that is just for you to repeat.
4. Practice breathing in and breathing out. Get into a rhythm that is comfortable.
5. Focus on one site. If you are outside, pick a focal point to stay zoned into. If inside, look at something that soothes you.
6. Grab some Epsom Salts and head to the tub. Put on a facial mask, grab a magazine or book and set a timer for 30 minutes. No interruptions if you lock the door.
7. Eat a comfort food that you enjoy. Don't over indulge, but taste the food you are eating and enjoy it.
8. Journal your thoughts and don't stop writing until you have let everything surface on the pages.